How To Enrol


Enrol Today

Thank you for your interest in applying to enrol your child at West Balcatta Primary School.

As West Balcatta Primary School is a ‘local intake area school’ please view School_Boundary Map to ensure your home address falls within our catchment.

You need to apply to enrol your children in school for 2024 if they are:

  • starting Kindergarten (4 years old by 30 June 2023)
  • starting Pre-primary, the first year of compulsory school (5 years old by 30 June 2023)
  • changing schools.

Use the Department of Education’s School Age Calculator to determine when your child can start school.


Enrolment Process

2023 Kindergarten Students

Applications for 2024 open from 8 March 2023, and close on 23 July 2023. 

Parents seeking to enrol their child for Kindergarten need to complete the Application for Enrolment Form Kindy.

All Pre-Primary to Year 6 Students

We accept applications for Pre-Primary to Year 6 students throughout the year, provided you reside in our local intake area. 

Parents seeking to enrol their child need to complete the Application for Enrolment Form.

Additional Documentation

To support your application of enrolment, it is mandatory to provide the following evidence:

  • Birth Certificate or Extract of Child
  • Australian Immunisation History Statement – this can be downloaded through Medicare, or alternatively call the Australian Immunisation Register 1800 653 809 (Free Call)
  • Court Orders (if applicable)
  • Proof of Residential Address – please click here for more detailed information

Keep your Information Up to Date

Parents are asked to keep details listed on the Enrolment Form current. A note to the teacher or office concerning changes of address, phone numbers and emergency contacts is vital for ensuring your child’s welfare and safety. In addition:

  • Parents are required to complete a Student Health Care Plan for any child with a medical condition.
  • In the case of families with separated or divorced parents, custody arrangements and access rights should be clearly stated on the Enrolment Form. It is a requirement that copies of custody orders are given to the Principal.